Type of services provided
Sample preparation for light and electron microscopy, from bulk pieces toward to final samples.
Research infrastructure/service category
- Automatic electrolytic thinner Struers Tenupol 5 dedicated to preparation of thin samples for transmission electron microscopy.
- Ultrasonic Cutter Gatan M601 – device used for ultrasonic cutting the shaped pre-samples of brittle materials for transmission electron microscopy final preparation procedures.
- Dimple Grinder Gatan M656 – serve for pre-thinning process of transmission electron microscopy samples.
- Automatic hot-press Hitech Europe EP15 – used for mounting the bulk samples into various epoxides. Mounted samples are submitted to next steps of preparation for light and electron microscopy.
- Automatic grinder and polisher Buehler Metaserv 250 – device enable grinding and polishing of bulk samples dedicated to light or electron microscopy.