Type of services provided
- Observation of structure and substructure of solid state matter
- Selected experiments of electron diffraction
- Analysis and interpretation of sample images
- Analysis and interpretation of diffraction data
- Preparation of sample for electron microscopy
Research infrastructure/service category
- Transmission electron microscope JEOL 2100F UHR with operating acceleration voltage in range 80 – 200kV. The point resolution is 0.19 nm and information limit 0.09 nm. The microscope provide imaging
- of solid matter in real and reciprocal space in several modes.
EDS detector Oxford Instruments Xmax80 – XRD spectrometer, enables determination of chemical composition of transmission electron microscopy samples. It´s energy resolution is 127 eV. EDS detector is integrated into microscope body.
- One-axis high-tilt holder JEOL – serve as sample holder for tomographic data collection. Angle range is +/- 60°.
- Rotational holder JEOL – serve as sample holder and provide rotation of sample around optical axis around all 360°.
- Double-tilt holder JEOL – serve as sample holder with possibility of tilting around X and Y axes within range +/- 26°.
- Plasma Cleaner Fischione M1020 – used for plasma cleaning of samples dedicated for transmission electron microscopy.
- Ion milling system JEOL Ion Slicer EM09100 – used for final thinning of transmission electron microscopy samples by Ar-ion beam.
- Sputtering system Quorum Q150R ES – Carbon or Gold coating system suited for transmission and scanning electron microscopy samples.